In Paris on 18th of March, on the initiative of...Read More
All this has had a negative impact on the environment and biodiversity, leading to an ecological imbalance in the environment, and an impact on public health, with higher rates of respiratory and heart disease and an increase in the rate of cancers, and the world is ripe for diseases and epidemics.
Syria in general and Northeastern Syria in particular had a share of this environmental suffering, especially in recent years where the wars and the subsequent fires of forests and crops and the cutting of thousands of trees have led to the deterioration of water resources, as well as the unwary and irresponsible use of oil resources and the use of primitive roads, and other reasons for the deterioration of the environment in the Al-Jazeera region, where recent statistics revealed high rates of respiratory and malignant diseases in this region compared to the whole country, with the difficulty of securing health services, this poses a significant threat to the region both environmentally and healthily.
Therefore, believing in the pursuit of a healthy environment and the need to participate in protecting our environment and natural resources and creating a participatory relationship between man and natural resources, away from the principle of greater profit at the expense of the environment, we understand the need to launch awareness-raising initiatives to alert the threat to the region. As a group of volunteers, activists and academics interested in environmental issues, we established the Environmental Green Trees Association.
Environmental Protection and development
Working to establish a database and environmental statistics networks
Achieving community participation in environmental development
The objectives of the Green Trees Affiliation
- Green Trees launched the “4 million trees” campaign of with the aim of producing four million seedlings over a five-year period of time.
- Environmental Protection and development. –
- Increasing green spaces to 10% of the total area of Northeastern Syria.
- Preserving a healthy ecosystem and biodiversity. –
- Contributing to reducing the deterioration of the general climate. –
- Working on spreading environmental culture and developing environmental awareness
- Working to establish a database and environmental statistics networks.
- Achieving community participation in environmental development. –
- Achieving sustainable environmental development in Northeastern Syria.